Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wowf Words

Isn't it odd how so many words are just "getting dusty on the shelves" so to speak, while others are used so often they're nearly worn to death? Well, I can't help but be amazed by the vast amount of words that are virtually unknown. Please enjoy this little glimpse into some such words. Mr. Spell Check doesn't even accept them.

Effable adj. something that can be expressed.
Elflock n. tangled hair (as if by elves).
Epilegomenon n. an added remark.
Fulgent adj.shining brightly.
Gelogenic adj. laughter provoking.
Gliff n. 1. a fleeting glance; a faint sound. 2. a brief moment. 3. a sudden shock. -v.t. to frighten.
Harageous adj. rough and bold.
Hurrygraph n. a hastily written letter.
Marlish adj. easy-going. -v.t. to let [something] go.
Maffick v.i. to celebrate noisily and boisterously.
Nonnock n. a whim. -v.i. to waste time.
Oneirocritic n. inability to differentiate between fantasy and reality.
Pistic adj. pure, genuine; pertaining to faith.
Rizzle v.i. to relax after a heavy meal.
Roun v.i. to whisper.
Saxify v.t. to turn into stone: to petrify
Tycolysis n. accident prevention.
Ultion n. revenge.
Voidee n. a last minute snack.
Whimpled adj. disfigured by crying.
Wowf adj. crazy, wild, extreme.

Dare to use them!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to saxify you!! HAHA I like that word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, I'm terrified. But, yes, isn't great? It seems like a word that was MADE for fantasy novels and fairy-tales.

    ReplyDelete