I love how a relatively simple story can become utterly fascinating through good writing. Jack London's TO BUILD A FIRE is such an example. It's just a short story (less than seven pages), its plot is very basic, and it features only one character. (Okay, two if you want to count the dog.) Yet, I found it to be quite impressive and intriguing. And I really admire the style that it's written in.
If you'd like to read it, here it is.
It might be a nice break from the summer heat to immerse yourself in an arctic adventure. Who knows? You might even start to feel a bit cooler.
Journey well, my friends.
If you'd like to read it, here it is.
It might be a nice break from the summer heat to immerse yourself in an arctic adventure. Who knows? You might even start to feel a bit cooler.
Journey well, my friends.
It's ("it" being the ever-changing, moody blog-site) finally letting me comment again! Hooray! I'll definitely have to read this. Thanks for posting it, Nicole! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, good! Funny,the google-account thingy won't accept me. You're most welcome, Kathleen!
ReplyDeletehi
ReplyDeleteI think that was Grant's hi-:)
ReplyDeleteI love the short story To build a Fire! So sad, so tragic, so GLORIOUSLY good!!
hi wasup?????
ReplyDelete( Bob )
I still think that AGAIN was Grant... Bob? my foot.
ReplyDelete